What is the best Littlest Pet Shop toy?
Littlest Pet Shop is an anime series and toy franchise. The TV show follows the lives and adventures of five miniature animals who live in a pet store on Littlest Lane. Inside the pet store, they have their own tree house. Littlest Pet Shop pets are characterized by their oversized bobble heads and large eyes.
There are thousands of pets in the Littlest Pet Shop. If you’re looking for a Littlest Pet Shop playset that can accommodate 30 of your favorite pets, take a look at the Hasbro Littlest Pet Shop Cruise Ship.
What to know before buying a Littlest Pet Shop toy
Littlest Pet Shop Toys come in many shapes and sizes, all designed for children. You can start by choosing from nine different themes.
- Amphibians and reptiles: Choose from 34 of these cartoonish creatures that come in all sizes and colors and include Iggy Frogenstein, Mitzi McLizard, Ike Lizardy and Bev Gilturtle.
- Aquatic: There are 63 different toy pets that share the aquatic theme. Choose Seahorse in Bubble, Fish in Teapot, Crab in Seashell, Dolphin in Shell and many more.
- Birds: There are 71 different Littlest Pet Shop pets in this collection. Single birds include White Pelicano, Checkers Pengo and more. You can also choose birds with accessories, like Bluebird in Rose, Duck in Egg, and Canary in Birdcage.
- Insects: Who wouldn’t want a Glitzy Prettyfly or a Ladybug in Mushroom? How about a bee in the hive or a scary spider in the banana? There are 42 more insects in this collection of Littlest Pet Shop toys.
- Cats: This popular category features 116 cats, like Cleo Curlycat, Bijou Angora, and even a Scrapper Cat in Toilet.
- Dogs: Danielle Spanelle, Lucie La Poodle and Sweetie Pom-Pom lead a cast of 136 Littlest Pet Shop toy dogs.
- Cultivate: Choose from 30 farm animal toys like Jersey Cowlick, Sunny Chickencluck and a blue lamb in a turquoise cupcake background.
- Small furry animals: This collection is made up of small pets, but they are not furry. Choose from Bunny in Basket, Molly Mouseby and Curly Cheeseburg and 60 more.
- Savage: With 160 different figures, this is by far the largest category of Littlest Pet Shop toys. You might like Abi Kangarooney, Urso Brownbear or Bananas Monkeyford.
What to Look for in a Quality Littlest Pet Shop Toy
A great way to enjoy all of your Littlest Pet Shop toys is to use a playset so your pets can play together. Like small playgrounds, playsets are usually structures with lots of accessories, decorative elements and sticker sheets. Most come with just one or two digits. Look for playsets that open to play and close to store all the accessories inside.
Pet shops come in packaging that looks just like the actual store, with two display cases and a front door, just like the real Littlest Pet Shop on Littlest Lane.
Hiding places for cats have plenty of places for your Littlest Pet Shop toy cats to sit, play and hide. They are designed to fit Classic, Mini and Teensie scale pets.
Skateparks have ramps, cones, jumps, skateboards and rails for your Littlest Pet Shop animals to do tricks in the park.
jumbo jet Playsets are airplanes when your pets take off on adventures to exotic locations around the world. Look for jets that turn into expansive play areas.
Cruise ship Playsets let your pets take to the high seas aboard a luxury ocean liner with on-deck activities for passengers.
Apartment towers are where your Littlest Pet Shop toys call home. They look like open-backed dollhouses. Look for apartment playsets with enough units to hold dozens of your favorite pets.
How much you can expect to spend on a Littlest Pet Shop toy
Individual toys start under $10. Pet packs start at $20 and go up to $60. Most playsets cost between $25 and $40.
Littlest Pet Shop Toy FAQs
What size are the Littlest Pet Shop classic, mini and teenie toys?
A. They are approximately 3 inches, 2 inches, and 1 inch tall, respectively.
Which Littlest Pet Shop toys are the most collectible?
A. Value is usually determined by rarity. Check out the Collecting Guide which tells you how rare each animal is and which others you can find that are Popular (Common), Exotic (Rare), and Dream (Very Rare).
What is the best Littlest Pet Shop toy to buy?
Best Littlest Pet Shop Toy
What do you want to know: Bring 30 of your favorite pets on a getaway on this cruise ship.
What you will love: The cruise ship offers activities like a zipline, rock climbing wall, wave surfing, and dance floor. The ship opens for play and closes to keep all your toys inside. This toy includes a classic, mini and teensie pet.
What you should consider: Three pets are included: the turtle captain, a cat and octopus passengers.
Or buy: Sold by Amazon
Best Littlest Pet Shop Toy for the Money
What do you want to know: These 15 pets are a great way for kids ages 4 and up to start their collection.
What you will love: Kids can decorate their armadillo, dog, duck, turtle, hippopotamus and 10 other pets for the parties they throw with decorative elements and themed accessories. One of the included pets has a unique code that can be scanned to bring it to life in the digital app. Level up and unlock new parts and accessories in the app.
What you should consider: These are the Teensie pets, the smallest of the three sizes.
Or buy: Sold by Amazon
Worth checking out
What do you want to know: Now your Littlest Pet Shop toys can have their own home with this easy-to-carry playset with handle.
What you will love: This apartment complex has cat towers, a swinging perch, a slide, and top and bottom dog doors so everyone has a place to call home. The rooftop fishbowl is a great place for pets to swim and the water bowl and food dish come in handy when your pets are hungry and thirsty.
What you should consider: This playset is smaller than it looks in most pictures so is best suited for mini and teensie pet toys.
Or buy: Sold by Amazon.
Register here to receive the weekly BestReviews newsletter for helpful tips on new products and great deals.
David Allan Van written for BestReviews. BestReviews has helped millions of consumers simplify their buying decisions, saving them a lot of time and money.
Copyright 2021 BestReviews, a Nexstar company. All rights reserved.