Fire at pet hospital causes $ 100,000 in damage

SANTA ROSA, CA – No animals were injured in a fire at a veterinary clinic early Tuesday morning in Santa Rosa, firefighters said.

The fire at Lakeside Pet Hospital, 4331 Montgomery Drive, was reported at 1:20 a.m. by a security guard who saw smoke coming out of attic vents and called 911.

The first engine crew were on the scene in less than 6 minutes and confirmed a fire was burning in the one-story veterinary clinic attic, Santa Rosa FD Battalion Chief Matt Dahl said.

Find out what’s happening in Rohnert-Cotati Park with free real-time Patch updates.

Three other engine crews and a ladder truck crew responded.

“Firefighters attacked the blaze from inside and from the roof and brought it under control within 15 minutes,” Dahl said. “Crews searched the building for animals, but none were present.”

Find out what’s happening in Rohnert-Cotati Park with free real-time Patch updates.

The fire caused damage estimated at $ 100,000 to the building and its contents.

The cause of the fire was determined to be electrical in nature.

The fire department returned control of the building to the owner of the business and the building upon arrival.

To request that your name be removed from an arrest report, submit these required elements at [email protected]

The response rules:

  • Be respectful. It is a space for friendly local exchanges. No racist, discriminatory, vulgar or threatening language will be tolerated.
  • Be transparent. Use your real name and save your claims.
  • Keep it local and relevant. Make sure your answers stay on topic.
  • Review the Community patch guidelines.



Source link

Back To Top