The City of Burlington Animal Shelter has several cats, dogs, and other pets waiting to find their forever homes.
Adopt a pet
Due to COVID-19, the Burlington Animal Shelter is now offering in-person adoptions by appointment only.
Check out Petfinder to see all of our pets looking for homes. Please email us at [email protected] or call us at 905-335-3030 if you are interested in adopting or have questions about any of the animals available for adoption.
Fees for adopting cats and dogs
Cats of any age cost $157.36 to adopt and dogs cost $252.35. All cat and dog adoptions come with:
- Age-appropriate vaccinations
- Flea and worming treatment
- A free physical exam with a local veterinarian
- A free bag of Hill’s Science Diet cat food with a $5 coupon for your next bag
- A $25 Ren’s Pet Depot gift card (while supplies last)
- Microchips for identification
- Six weeks of free veterinary medical insurance
Pet Adoption Policy
If you have any issues with your adopted pet, you can bring it back to the shelter within 14 days of the adoption date. Adoption fees will be refunded to you.
When you adopt a pet from our shelter, you get a free physical exam by a local veterinarian within three days of the adoption date. You can visit one of the following veterinary clinics: