Hello everyone. It’s me, Dylan Siwicki, your host of The Daily. Let’s start this weekend off right, with a quick dive into the most important things happening in town…
First, today’s weather forecast:
A pm shower in places. High: 78 Low: 62.
Here are the top stories in Rochester-Rochester Hills today:
- Pet Supplies Plus will host “Dog Days of Summer” pet adoption event, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on June 11, at the Meadow Brook Amphitheater in Rochester Hills, on the campus of the University of Oakland. (The Oakland Press)
- New Beaumont Hospital, Troy NICU offers families more space, privacy, comfort and innovation. (WXYZ 7 Action News Detroit)
- A man from Detroit was accused of murder after police said he fired several shots, one of which , the Wayne County District Attorney’s Office announced Friday. (Detroit Patch)
Today in Rochester-Rochester Hills:
From my notebook:
- Northwest Lutheran: “WHAT A NIGHT On Monday evening, June 6, we said goodbye to the Northwestern Lutheran class of 2022. …” (Northwestern Lutheran via Facebook)
- Oakland University: “Oakland University professors Mark Stone and Jeremy Barnett recently led six students from Oakland University’s School of Music, Drama and Dance on a global study trip. on Arts Abroad in Ghana, West Africa, where they have spent more than a w…” (Oakland University via Facebook)
- Oakland County, Government of Michigan: “A brother and sister duo bring the flavors of their childhood in Mexico to the #OaklandCounty culinary scene. SEEN Magazine shares more information about Mezcal Mexican Bar & Kitchen in #Ferndale: http://ow.ly/Iq6f50JsOLj.” We want people to f…” (Oakland County, Michigan Government via Facebook)
- Oakland County, Government of Michigan: “Green trails lead to amazing interactions with nature! Thank you @1000words61 for sharing your awesome photo of Kensington Metropark with us. Use #OaklandCounty for a chance to be featured. (Oakland County, Government of Michigan through facebook)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
Please follow and stay informed. See you tomorrow morning for another update!
— Dylan Siwicki
About me: I was born and raised on the Westside of Detroit, in the Polish blue-collar neighborhood of Warrendale. I am a Detroit Public School graduate who fought hard to earn my education. My aspiration to journalism came when I was young, when I started following the corruption scandal of former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick. My first break into the world of journalism began with the opportunity to work at the Michigan Journal, where I primarily reported on campus and local news throughout the Dearborn community. I finally worked my way to the news editor. So, with first-hand experience growing up in a close-knit neighborhood, I know the importance of delivering news and telling stories that impact local communities. And as the latest news editor at Patch for Metro Detroit, it’s my job to deliver that news. So feel free to contact me about new tips or your own unique experiences at [email protected]
Got a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Rochester-Rochester Hills Daily? Contact me at [email protected]