Hasbro’s Littlest Pet Shop line of toys is so popular that it spawned a Canadian-American animated children’s television series of the same name. The pet figures are designed with floating heads and large eyes which gives them a distinct look and sets them apart from other animal model toys. The colors of pets are not true to their real life counterparts. Instead, it’s bright, bright colors that appeal to kids.
What to Know Before Buying a Littlest Pet Shop Toy
The Littlest Pet Shop franchise has a full cast of characters associated with it. Chances are, if your kid is a fan, they already have their favorites. So who are the main characters? They are divided into people and pets.
The most important human figures include:
- Blythe Baxter: The main protagonist, Blythe works at Littlest Pet Shop and aspires to become a fashion designer.
- Anna Twombly: Quirky and caring Littlest Pet Shop business owner with a genuine love for animals.
- Roger Baxter: The loving and supportive father of Blythe, who is a professional airplane pilot.
The animal characters that we see most often in the television series are:
- Russell Ferguson: An orange European hedgehog whose love of order makes him the unofficial organizer of the group.
- Sunil Nevla: A blue-banded mongoose that attempts to perform magic tricks and can be brave when the situation calls for it.
- Vincent Alfonso “Vinnie” Terrio: A green gecko who inadvertently wreaks havoc on his friends due to his clumsiness.
- Mildred Clark Pepper: A gray and white striped skunk who uses props and comical puns to make friends laugh.
- Minka Mark: A pink spider monkey who is an expert in abstract art but gets distracted and easily loses focus.
- Zoe Trent: A purple Cavalier King Charles Spaniel who has diva tendencies and is determined to become the world’s greatest artist.
- Penny Ling: The group’s peacekeeper is a giant white and indigo panda who, as a rhythmic gymnast, masters the art of twirling ribbons.
- Butter Cream Ice Cream: A yellow and brown dwarf rabbit from the Netherlands is a playful and bouncy late addition to the group of pets.
While the majority of Littlest Pet Shop toys are small-scale action figures, sometimes you can find them in plush form and find themed games.
Decorations for the characters
The Littlest Pet Shop line of toys isn’t limited to character figures. A modest selection of playsets are also available. Playsets include cruise ship, apartment building, shuttle, and jet. Your child can double the fun by using a playset on a toy mat, which will inspire their imaginations even more.
Features of Littlest Pet Shop toys
If your child is new to the world of Littlest Pet Shop, gradually introducing them with an individual toy is the safest bet. However, if this is a confirmed fan, purchasing a pack that contains multiple figures is a smart move, as it will cost less than buying them individually.
Some Littlest Pet Shop toys are simple with few details, while others have advanced features and are painstakingly detailed.
Littlest Pet Shop toys are made from easily recycled, eco-friendly plastic and paper rattan.
Cost of the Littlest Pet Shop toy
Depending on whether they are sold individually or in a pack, Littlest Pet Shop toys can range from $ 10 to $ 60.
Littlest Pet Shop toy faqs
What is the recommended age range for Littlest Pet Shop toys?
A. The toy line is recommended for children at least four years old. This minimum age is critical because the figures themselves are small and the accessories are downright tiny.
A child under the age of four could easily end up with a lump in their throat.
How do you know if Littlest Pet Shop toys are real or fake?
A. Officially licensed toys are your best bet. Toys with this designation have been produced in a manner that ensures they meet the licensor’s guidelines. This trait improves the chances of toys being made well. If you can’t find an officially licensed Littlest Pet Shop toy, don’t despair. As long as you buy them from a reputable retailer, you should be in good shape.
Which Littlest Pet Shop toy should I buy?
Best of the best Littlest Pet Shop toys
Littlest Pet Shop Pet Party Spectacular Collector Pack Toy: available at Amazon
Our opinion : Containing a significant number of pets and accessories, this pack is a great way to start or expand your child’s collection.
What we like: You will get 15 pets and 13 accessories in this generous collector’s pack. Pets include a sparkly kitten. Your child can try out different looks on the animals with the accessories, which include a crown and a cowboy hat.
What we don’t like: Small animal sizes were the most common issue cited by a few disgruntled buyers, who expected standard sized animals.
Best Value Littlest Pet Shop Toy
Littlest Pet Shop Lucky Pets Crystal Ball Megapack Surprise Pet Toy: available at Amazon
Our opinion : If your child prefers full-sized pets, this 15-piece mega-pack in a fun crystal ball wrap will do the trick.
What we like: The entertainment of this set begins with the packaging of the crystal ball, which your child can turn to reveal each pet. The mega-pack includes seven classic scale pets and eight accessories. Plus, the set gives your child instructions on a divination game they can play with their friends.
What we don’t like: At least one buyer felt misled by claiming 15 coins, as seven of the coins were charms and one coin was the charm holder.
Honorable Mention Littlest Pet Shop Toy
Littlest Pet Shop Skate Park: available at Amazon
Our opinion : Pets descend ramps on skateboards in this skate park-themed playset.
What we like: This sporty playset consists of skateboard ramps, pet, pet, emoji bubble, 17 props, seven deco pieces and a foil sheet. stickers. Your child can tie their animals to the skateboards, making sure the animals will stay on the skateboard as it descends the ramps.
What we don’t like: A handful of buyers felt that the price of the game was too high for its small dimensions.
Megan Oster is a writer for BestReviews. BestReviews is a product review company with a single mission: to help simplify your purchasing decisions and save you time and money.
BestReviews spends thousands of hours researching, analyzing, and testing products to recommend the best choices to most consumers. BestReviews and its partner newspapers may earn a commission if you purchase a product through one of our links.
Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.